SENATE BILL 129
The Gatewood Galbraith Memorial Medical Marijuana Act
Legalize Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
· Changes Marijuana from Schedule I to Schedule II
· Allows qualified patients to possess 5 ounces and to grow 5 plants
· Requires State Pharmacy board to set up rules for distribution
· Allows Physicians to prescribe without penalty
What to do
1) Find and Email your State Senator at www.lrc.ky.gov
Example: Dear Senator _______, I’m writing you today to ask you to support Senate Bill 129, The Gatewood Galbraith Memorial Medical Marijuana Act. Marijuana is clearly not a dangerous drug and it definitely has Medical value. Kentucky doctors and patients should decide appropriate medical care, not Washington Bureaucrats . Sixteen other states have passed similar legislation and I believe that Kentucky should join those states and protect citizens with illnesses from legal sanctions. Our veterans returning from war especially deserve access to marijuana for the physical and emotional trauma they’ve suffered. It’s the Christian thing to do! Note: Personalize your email and include examples of people who are in need.
2) Follow up with a call to the Legislature Message line @ 1 (800) 372-7181
You can also call your State Senator directly. Their contact Information is available on their webpage on the lrc website. You can use the above example, but be sure to personalize your call and include examples of people you know who have a medical need. Ask them to co-sponsor the legislation.
3) Repeat the above two steps with your State Representative
You have both a State Senator and a State Representative. This is a Senate bill. Ask your representative to write and sponsor a companion bill for the House of Representatives.
4) Make an appointment to meet them in Frankfort to discuss the bill
They are your voice in government. They can’t refuse to meet with you. If you have the courage to speak to them in person, be sure to dress and conduct yourself professionally. You will probably only get 15 minutes with them, so be prepared and bring this flyer or some other document that supports your position. You will enjoy the trip to Frankfort, it’s a beautiful place.
5) Copy this Flyer and share/post it everywhere!!!
Send a quick email to [email protected] so that I can get information to you rapidly. We will have to act quickly when the bill goes before committee. Please let me know your story and if you wish to testify before the committee (anyone can). It’s your government!!!